In in less than 100 days, I’m going to marry the love of my life: Jennifer Whiteaker. Last year for Valentines Day I wrote out the top 25 reasons why I was attracted to Jennifer Whiteaker. Every day leading up to Valentines Day I would hide an envelope with one reason written in it. I would let her discover a new one each day.
Jennifer is the embodiment of the Proverbs 31 woman and I can say that a mere 25 reasons does not do her justice. She is my precious treasure and I am looking forward to spending the rest of my days with her. If she knew I was posting this, she would want me to say that the only reason I am attracted to her is because of Jesus. To which I would respond, “See, now there are 26 reasons.”
- You hold me loosely.
- His name and renown is the desire of your soul
- You humbly submit to your Savior.
- You become less and He becomes more.
- You receive the rain of the Spirit and He adorns your soul with beautiful blossoms
- Proverbs 31:14
- The Word of Christ dwells in you richly
- You laugh loud and are serious about service
- You become undignified in your worship
- Adventure is your middle name
- Your beautiful brown eyes let me see your precious heart
- You dress like a daughter of God
- You look out for those who have not been noticed
- The teaching of kindness is on your lips
- You fear God and not man’s opinion.
- You are a visible picture of Jesus’ words “blessed are the meek”
- You repent of sin when convicted.
- You hate evil and love good.
- Your songs flow from a gospel filled heart.
- You give knowing your possessions are in heaven.
- You splash your surrounding with spontaneous expressions of glee
- Encouragement is the bread you bake
- Your eye lashes flutter like the flowing wings of a pure feathered flamingo.
- You boldly approach the throne of God in prayer.
- You find your identity and worth in the gospel.
2 thoughts on “25 Reasons”
Very encouraging Sean. So glad that you get to glorify God with Jennifer.
These words share the most beautiful expression of love. I pray that your union is half as blessed as these sentiments indicate. Love her forever and ever. From Spencer’s Aunt MarMary