As I prepared to speak to a youth group about why the church mattered, my heart was bothered and broken by two recent blog posts from Donald Miller in which he openly forsakes the local church.
I pray that this short sermon spurs you on in the faith and challenges you to deepen the relationships you have in your local body of believers. Because of passages such as Ephesians 4:11-6, I am convinced that people are anchored in the faith through the local church. Let us keep each other from drifting away by always speaking the truth in love.
Sermon from [Re]born Youth Ministry – Why do we need the church? Ephesians 4:11-16 – audio.mp3
1) We need the church to be equipped for service
2) We need the church to attain unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God
3) We need the church to grow up into maturity
4) We need the church to remain in truth
5) We need the church to experience love
One thought on “Don’t Drift Away”